The Gabriel House -- 2003 Provisional Class Project
The Gabriel House ….a place to call home. Offering hope and a warm, safe place to live is the mission of Annie and Ed Ravish. They began the journey to Gabriel House over 12 years ago and continue the mission of housing children with severe medical conditions until they can be adopted into homes in the United States.
The Gabriel House is situated on nearly an acre of land in Fort Myers and has seen over 175 children pass through its doors. The 2003 Provisional Class was so inspired by Annie and Ed, as well as the children currently living in the residence, that they decided to make this their project.
The project entailed planting, painting, and refurbishing, just to name a few tasks. Through all the hard work and dedication of the women involved they were able to lay new tile and paint the bathroom, stain the train track in the family room, put up new shades and new doors in the patio area, create a butterfly garden with stepping stones created by some of the children of Gabriel House, paint a section of the garage, clean the fence, add new landscaping to the front of the home, weed and spread an enormous amount of mulch around the home.
The sense of accomplishment has remained strong in the weeks following the completion of the provisional class project. It’s not just how much of an impact we were able to have on the Gabriel House that has stayed with us. It is the feeling that for the first time since our provisional year began last September, we are truly one team. We came together for a great cause and in the process discovered each other’s talents.
Contributors to the Gabriel House Provisional Project 2004
The Gabriel House Project was successful due to the generous support of many community sponsors. We wanted to share this list with you as these organizations/individuals were very generous with their donations. Please consider using them the next time you need the services they provide.
Make sure you mention how much we appreciate their support when you visit them!
- Jesse Colon: superb tile work (239) 218-8595
- Chris Muth: affordable, excellent home maintenance (239) 590-0720
Goods and Cash donations:
- Alpha Tile & Stone: Tile and tile products (239) 663-1817 or 275-8288
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Car rentals and sales (800) RentACar
- Home Depot: Home improvement goods (239) 433-0718
- Gulf State Realty: Real estate services (239) 278-5551
- Rawlings Realty: Real estate services (239) 482-7785
- Resort Sports: Tents and party products (239) 936-0233
- Signature Series Homes: Home construction (239) 274-8988
- WC Spratt Grinding, Inc.: Mulch and Grinding (239) 454-9467
- The Bagel Factory: 8841 College Parkway, Fort Myers (239) 433-2245
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Firehouse Subs 7070-3 College Parkway (239) 334-7827
- Pizza Hut 12377 S. Cleveland Avenue (239) 936-8333
- South Bay Bistro 26821 South Bay Drive, Bonita Springs (239) 949-6030